The benefits of milk

Milk: The most complete food

No food alone can provide all nutrients we need, but milk is the most complete food that has ever existed. It provides many nutrients essential to body functions including:
proteins, of high nutritional values
lipids, carbohydrates 
dietary minerals (calcium, phosphor...)
vitamins (B1, B2, B9, B12, A and D). 

There is about 87% of water in milk; hence it significantly participates in the daily intake of water.

What is calcium?

Calcium is a mineral that the body needs for numerous functions, including building and maintaining bones and teeth, blood clotting, the transmission of nerve impulses, and the regulation of the heart's rhythm. 99% of the calcium in the human body is stored in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is found in the blood and other tissues.

The advantages of calcium in milk: everybody agrees that milk is a source of calcium and is perfectly assimilated by the body. After being easily absorbed in the intestine, it goes through the whole body and fastens to the bones. This is the particular feature of milk calcium also known as reference calcium.

Milk also contains some nutrients that make its absorption and fastening more efficient. These include proteins, lactose, vitamin D and phosphor that combine with milk calcium to make its assimilation easier. There is a super-efficient device for your body.

Milk and milk products are among the food categories essential for nutritional balance as they help you remain healthy. Their high nutritional value and specific composition ranks them at the top of our daily diets. Research has recently made it possible to discover physiological processes they are involved in and their advantages for health. 

Milk products are good for teeth. Our teeth essentially consist of calcium and phosphor that milk and milk products contain in high rate. During childhood and teenage, calcium and phosphor greatly help mineralize teeth. Besides, milk is among the foods that cause less tooth decay. Studies have it that it could even reduce the risk for other foods to cause tooth decay and caseins (milk proteins) are believed to develop a protective film on teeth surface.

Personal Help to Reduce Weight

Counting calories in milk helps you make better food choices, but when it comes to losing weight - PERSONAL SUPPORT IS CRUCIAL. Dairy products contain calcium, protein and riboflavin for your body. This helps to give you strong bones and teeth. Always try to choose dairy products that are low in fat when possible.

Staying healthy includes a balanced diet, staying clean, getting plenty of exercises as well as keeping your heart strong and free of drugs.

People who practice good nutrition, hygiene and exercise patterns develop a lifetime of habits that will keep them healthy for many years, especially when they are older!